Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Blog Post 1

 MY TOP 5 NEWS SOURCES

    Instagram's informal, entertaining, and familiar structure has made it one of my favorite places to get my news. Compared to traditional news sources, Instagram uses photos, videos, and short captions to give updates on a variety of topics in an easy-to-read and interactive style. My news stream is also personalized by the platform's algorithm according to my personal interests, so

I always get updates on topics that interest me. I can also follow a variety of voices and opinions on Instagram, which gives me access to a wider range of news sources and points of view (including browsing the comments section). I can stay updated about current events as they happen with the stories feature, making it a great tool for keeping up with the fast-paced world we live in currently. 

Instagram


    Similar to Instagram, I also enjoy using TikTok as one of my primary news sources. The two overlap in many ways including the use of their strategic algorithm ensuring I’m staying updated on topics I am genuinely interested in at the moment. They both offer the opportunity for any user to speak on any topic and usually allow comments from the entire TikTok community, which gives room for a wide range of views and anyone to contribute to the discussion. However, TikTok is strictly videos and has recently allowed select profiles to upload ten-minute videos as opposed to the usual thirty seconds. I usually use TikTok over Instagram when I have spare time or want a more in-depth viewpoint of a topic.

TikTok


    When I feel like I need a professional news source I typically rely on The New York Times. First of all, I trust the reliability and honesty of the information I get because of its reputation for journalism. Second, The New York Times offers me a thorough understanding of current events by covering various subjects, including culture, science, technology, and domestic and foreign news. Although I will say it is rare that I opt for The New York Times daily due to the convenience of Instagram and TikTok, I still consider it my top choice for traditional news sources. 

New York Times


Every now and again, I use The Guardian as one of my primary news sources because of its unique perspective and thorough reporting on world events. The progressive position and investigative journalism of The Guardian give an original take on current affairs, though I frequently rely on other sources. I am more familiar with the complexity of social justice issues, environmental concerns, and international politics due to its in-depth coverage, which is commonly in line with my interests and beliefs. 

The Guardian


More often than not when I’m home I will utilize my family’s cable TV and find myself watching CBS (usually because it’s already on). CBS's television broadcasts are a useful and easily available source for breaking news updates or brief summaries of current events when I'm home. The network's seasoned reporters deliver news with professionalism and clarity, which makes it simple for me to understand the main ideas of a story. I can also be confident that I'm up to date on various subjects thanks to CBS's thorough coverage of both domestic and international news, including politics, the economy, health, and entertainment.  


         CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 In this generation you can find almost anyone in the world online with just one simple search. I personally am an avid user of social media...